We have brought you one tasty recipe for diabetes sufferers. Mexicans love this recipe because this smoked an they also like barbecued flavour to their most of the food. In this recipe, we grill fresh corn kernels over open flame that gives us burnt-smoked flavour and make the salad tasty. This salad has low fat and calories but high in fibre. It is good choice for diabetics have high post lunch blood sugar levels. Tomatoes, onions and capsicum blend extremely well with corn and add vitamins A and C. We also add some olive oil and lemon juice while on dressing which gives it a very good flavour along with Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps to strengthen immunity of body. SO this recipe has many benefits to not only diabetic patients but also to other member of the family who are non-diabetic.
Preparation Time: 12 Minutes
Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
Serving to – 4 Persons
- 1 sweet corn kernel cob
- 1 White onion, slice it into small pieces
- 1 Capsicum, slice it into small pieces
- 1 Tomato , slice it into small pieces
- Salt should be added as per taste
Following may be added and mixed while dressing the Salad to make tasty :
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Olive oil;
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Lemon juice
- Chilli Power as required
Method of preparation:
- Step 1 : Roast the corn cob over an open flame until the corn is slightly burnt.
- Step 2. Using a sharp knife, remove the corn kernels from the cob. Keep aside.
- Step 3. Combine the corn kernels, onion, capsicum, tomato and salt.
- Step 4. Pour the dressing on top and toss well.
- Serve immediately to keep recipe hot and fresh.
See Video below to Make Home Made Diabetic Recipe