We have brought you one tasty recipe for diabetes sufferers. Mexicans love this recipe because this smoked an they also like barbecued flavour to their most of the food. In this recipe, we grill fresh corn kernels over open flame that gives us burnt-smoked flavour and make the salad tasty. This salad has low fat and calories but high in fibre. It is good choice for diabetics have high post lunch blood sugar levels. Tomatoes, onions and capsicum blend extremely well with corn and add vitamins A and C. We also add some olive oil and lemon juice while on dressing which gives it a very good flavour along with Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps to strengthen immunity of body. SO this recipe has many benefits to not only diabetic patients but also to other member of the family who are non-diabetic.
Preparation Time: 12 Minutes
Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
Serving to – 4 Persons
- 1 sweet corn kernel cob
- 1 White onion, slice it into small pieces
- 1 Capsicum, slice it into small pieces
- 1 Tomato , slice it into small pieces
- Salt should be added as per taste
Following may be added and mixed while dressing the Salad to make tasty :
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Olive oil;
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Lemon juice
- Chilli Power as required
Method of preparation:
- Step 1 : Roast the corn cob over an open flame until the corn is slightly burnt.
- Step 2. Using a sharp knife, remove the corn kernels from the cob. Keep aside.
- Step 3. Combine the corn kernels, onion, capsicum, tomato and salt.
- Step 4. Pour the dressing on top and toss well.
- Serve immediately to keep recipe hot and fresh.
See Video below to Make Home Made Diabetic Recipe
Healthy Recipes for Diabetes Patients
We have listed 4 diabetic recipes that are good for persons those are suffering from diabetes:
1. Diabetic Hot Cocoa
- Serve – 10+ persons;
- Ingredients : 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 cup instant dry non-fat milk, Water, Sweetener to taste;
- Instructions for Preparations : mix cocoa, and nonfat milk in storage container, In microwave safe mug or cup add 6-8 oz water heat on High power for 1-2 min. remove and add 2-3 Tablespoons mix,and sweetener to taste.Will be very hot handle with caution;
- Nutritional Information : 1 dairy, Will last 3 months in sealed non-refrigerated container;
- Time to Prepare : 2- 2 1/2 minutes
2. Diabetic Spiced Tea
- Ingredients : 2 small tea bags 1 cinnamon stick 2 whole cloves 4 inches long lemon strip 6 inch long orange peel 1 pinch nutmeg;
- Instructions for Preparations : In a saucepan combine 1 quart of water and all the ingredients except the tea, Simmere=]]]
3. Pumpkin Yogurt treat
- Serve – One;
- Ingredients : 1 cup sugar free/low carb vanilla yogurt; 1/4 can of pumpkin, 2 packages splenda, 1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning, 1/2 tsp cinnamon;
- Instructions for Preparations : Mix all ingredients together in small bowl;
- Nutritional Information : Should be less than 9 carbs total;
- Time to Prepare : 5 minutes
4. Sugarless Strawberry Pie (Summer Dessert)
- Serve – 6 per pie;
- Ingredients : 1 box of strawberry jello, 1/2 cup of sugar substitute (Splenda), 1 +1/2 cups of water, 3 tablespoons of cornstarch, 1 quart of chopped strawberries, 2 sugarless baked pie crusts;
- Instructions for Preparations : Blend first four ingredients and heat until thickened. Divide strawberries between the pie shells and pour jello mixture over each. Cool and cover with whipped sugarless topping and garnish with strawberries;
- Nutritional Information : 7 gram of natural fruit sugar per slice
- Time to Prepare : 30-35 Minutes
Above are very healthy recipes for diabetes patients.
See one video here telling about Blueberries that has big role in diabetes control naturally.